Monday, December 3, 2012

My Faith

As my daughter has gotten older and I have taught her my personal beliefs she has of course wanted to share. While I do not teach any religious instruction to the children outside my home. I thought that parents would like more details on what they may be exposed to in my home.

I attend the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-days Saints, more commonly known as Mormon or LDS. If you would like more information about my christian faith please visit https://www.mormon.org/.

My daughter has been taught a basic prayer that often children will repeat it goes:

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the food,
Help us have a good day,
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

As she gets older she sometimes adds in humorous things or elaborates on the things she is thankful for or the things she wants.

We sing lots of songs at Chear Care mainly nursery and classic finger play medleys. We also sing songs about the holidays, seasons, or weather. Some religious songs that they maybe exposed to are.

Jesus said love everyone
Treat them kindly too
If you heart is filled with love
Others will love you

This song and others like "I am a Child of God" I have noticed my child singing you can listen or read the lyrics to them at this website. We also do sing most christmas songs around christmas time.
Childrens LDS Songs